I grew up in Dallas and graduated from the University of Texas in Austin. Following graduation, I became a marketing manager for CLR/Fast-Tax — a cloud service bureau company, where I was responsible for product marketing, pricing and advertising. I soon moved from marketing to an Enterprise Sales Leader role. During that time, I successfully sold tax and forms automation solutions to medium and large financial institutions.
- For 7 consecutive years, I was a President’s Club sales qualifier.
- Earned “Top Salesman” of the year 2 years in row.
- Averaged over 152% of sales quota.
- Sold over $1.8 million in revenue.
- Helped enterprise sales leaders advance to executive management sales leaders.
After I left Fast-tax, I went to work for Oracle, the world’s second largest software company. Everything was so much more complicated, especially the number of steps I had to go through to win and the number of people to whom I had to sell. They all had different agendas, and “What’s in it for me type of attitude?” At that point, I asked myself, “How can I manage all these agendas?” Answering that question, propelled me to create the Sales Navigation System.
The SNS enables my clients to develop a map to an agreed up destination or objective. It helps them answer the question, “What steps do I need to go through to close business?” The SNS has been instrumental helping me achieve the results below:
- Coached sales leaders that closed millions of dollars in sales.
- Enterprise Sales Leaders have achieved Sales Leader of the year.
- Mentored several start-ups that achieved profits in their first year.
- Achieved Sales Quota 90% of the time.
- Averaged 205% of quota during last 6 years at Oracle.
- Number 1, #10 and #21 Applications Sales Manager worldwide.
- Sold $67 million in software and outsourcing revenue.
- Sold over $102 million in training and professional services.
- Mentored Enterprise Sales Leaders promoted to management roles that produced over $150 million in annual sales revenue.
When not traveling and coaching, I volunteer for a non-profit organization helping entrepreneurs market their ideas.
For fun, my beautiful wife and I enjoy social dancing. We also enjoy spending time in Sedona, AZ and at our home that overlooks the Pacific ocean.